De Angela L. Duff is an Associate Vice Provost at New York University and Industry Professor in Integrated Design & Media (IDM) at NYU Tandon. She also curates music symposia as polished solid, including the upcoming Prince #TripleThreat40 Hybrid Symposium (2022) celebrating 30 years of Prince’s 1999, The Time’s What Time Is It? and Vanity 6’s eponymous debut; speaks about music, design, and technology, internationally, at numerous conferences including Black Portraiture[s] VII (2022), Pop Conference 2021, Prince 78-88: An Interdisciplinary Conference (2021) and 2nd Dayton Funk Symposium (2021), writes about music most recently in the edited volume Prince and Popular Music: Critical Perspectives on an Interdisciplinary Life (2020, Bloomsbury); has spoken on WNYC, BBC Manchester, and Minnesota Public Radio; and produces, co-hosts, and edits the Prince & Prince-related podcasts on Grown Folks Music’s podcast network. You can view her past and present work at polishedsolid.com or subscribe to her newsletter at polishedsolid.substack.com.
Her past, curated, Prince symposia include:
- #SexyMF30 (2022), celebrating 30 years of Prince’s o[+> album (Virtual)
- #1plus1plus1is3 (2021), celebrating 40 years of Prince’s Controversy, 30 years of Diamonds and Pearls, and 20 years of The Rainbow Children (2021) albums (Virtual)
- #DM40GB30 (2020), celebrating 40 years of Prince’s Dirty Mind and 30 years of Graffiti Bridge albums (Virtual)
- #Batdance30ATL (2019), celebrating 30 years of Prince’s Batman soundtrack at Spelman College in Atlanta, GA
- #Lovesexy30BK (2018), celebrating 30 years of Prince’s Lovesexy album at NYU Tandon in Brooklyn, NY,